The Open Enrollment Period under the Affordable Care Act is from November 1 to Friday, December 15. Families in need of health coverage can sign up at HealthCare.gov.
The state of New Jersey recently launched a Get Covered NJ website to help people enroll. The site includes information about plan options, financial assistance and contact information for New Jersey consumers who want help to get covered.
As part of the outreach campaign, the state is also working with five community organizations to support enrollment efforts. These organizations are providing application assistance and conducting outreach events. The organizations are:
- Center for Family Services – 877-922-2377
- The Family Resource Network – 800-355-0271
- Oranges ACA Navigator Project – 973-500-6031
- Fulfill | Monmouth & Ocean – 732-918-2600 or 732-731-1400
- Urban League of Hudson County – 201-451-8888, ext. 217
New Jerseyans can also call 877-9-NAVIG8 (877-962-8448) to talk about health insurance options and get help enrolling.