The purpose of this article is to alert you to a number of safety net applications that can be downloaded or completed directly online. They cover a variety of topics, including programs for seniors, financial assistance, child care, energy, utilities and welfare.
There is a section of this site’s community resource page known as the ‘Public Benefits Corner’ that provides links to a number of these online or downloadable applications. There are links for the following:
- NJ FamilyCare application
- Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (PAAD), Senior Gold, and Medicare Savings Programs – programs for seniors
- Child Support Services
- Subsidized Child Care
- LIHEAP/USF/Weatherization – one application to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Universal Service
Fund (USF) and the Weatherization Assistance Program
- Communications Lifeline program for Verizon landline customers
- Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) – how to find your local WIC agency
- State Unemployment Insurance
- State Temporary Disability Insurance
- Transportation Programs for former TANF clients
Links to these safety net programs and applications are available in the
Public Benefits Corner of this website. Knowing where to go online is the first step.